You Know Your Zone of Genius By Now
You've worked so hard for years to build an amazing business. You are highly qualified; you did all those menial things years and years ago to cut your teeth and earn your stripes.
You are truly remarkable in your field and now you are ready for your next step. The next big project or new direction is right there on the horizon, your ambition has assisted you in picturing exactly what it looks like and how it will feel, but you keep on hitting a big annoying block. Real progress forward comes with all of this annoying friction.
Things Are Not Harmonius
You’ve changed suppliers a couple of times and the work you’re getting back still feels off and not how you wished it would. This feels like you’ve wasted money on repeat and it’s even more disappointing to realise that you still haven’t gotten to where you wanted.
Sometimes it’s really simple to tell that your branding is out of tune. There’s that one clear bum note and it’s easy to pinpoint. More often, it’s never that simple. A branding problem can sound more like a monotonous dirge that just feels off in some way.
Practical Signs That Your Brand Is Out Of Tune
You may have just one, or there could be a number of things slowing you down.
- You’re not getting sales.
- You are getting timewasters as leads.
- You have no qualified leads.
- You don’t know how to spend your marketing budget wisely.
- You spent a fair chunk of change on some FB Ads and it didn’t make any difference to your lead generation.
- Your creative team is delivering lacklustre work to you DESPITE their having amazing portfolios of work that they’ve done for other people.
- You’ve hired specific creative suppliers on sites like Fiverr and Upwork, but they delivered disappointing results to you.
- You have a number of specific creative suppliers like a logo designer, a photographer, a website designer. But they are not delivering work that gels together and you feel like you’re banging your head against a wall trying to get them to work as your virtual team.
- You are not 100% if your business is being outdone by the competition.
- You don’t know if you have any competition.
- You want to go in a new direction and you don’t know if your current brand is going to be a blessing or a hindrance with that.
- You want to serve a different market by offering something different or new to a different set of people.
- You wonder if your brand is being perceived well by the people that matter most to your business.
- You wish your customers were more loyal to you.
- You know you probably could be a bit more creative with how your brand is showing up, but you don’t know where to get started on doing this well.
Could Your Brand Be Out of Tune?
Any of these bum notes can be incredibly frustrating. When a cacophony of these bum notes is blaring at you as an ambitious business owner, it can all start to get rather overwhelming. You can feel like the wrong push forward could damage things even further.
In a moment, you may have considered going back to education and learning how to do all of the nuances of marketing and branding for yourself. Then in the next heartbeat, you remembered you have a business to run and it already takes up too much of your time. It’s now time to delegate the right way. The way that feels joyfully valuable to you on a daily basis.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE GIVE IT UP FOR THE DISCOGRAPHY CALL!
Remember a time when you just hung out over some music? Sharing your own collection of sounds or being invited into another person’s collection is a beautiful way to bond. The way we collect music or find new sounds is enormously autobiographical. I wanted to replicate this style of getting to know you before we look at working together.
How The Discography Call Works
All discography calls are held on Zoom and I record them.
In addition to recording the call, I also doodle and take notes. This can feel a little bit frenetic and daunting, but it is intended to capture our 1 hour together from different angles.
You don’t need to prepare a single thing for this call. The focus is on me getting to know your brand and business journey, where you’re at right now, and where you want to go in the future.
Regardless of what happens in the discography call, you are informed of the right next step(s) I recommend at the end of the call. We follow this up with an email about the right next step for you so you don’t feel like you’re hanging on at any point in the process.
The Benefits Of A Discography Call
Knowing exactly which areas of your business are affecting your brand is a great feeling. You can see clearly where you need to focus on, and where to delegate to make your brand better, stronger and get you to that turnover goal you wrote down and pinned up next to your desk.
The notion of appointing a Virtual Creative Director into your business feels a little grandiose (if you’re being totally honest with yourself). But you know that to reach your next step, you need to get out of your comfort zone this time.
- You’re ready to welcome another voice and point of view at your virtual boardroom table.
- You’re ready to hand over all of the brand projects that you have been procrastinating on.
- You’re ready to spend your time on the things that you do the best, like no other.
There is real value in getting a 100% impartial view on exactly how your business brand really is. Many people who have been through the 1hr discography call have reported that getting this detailed snapshot in a concentrated way gave them serious mental clarity about other aspects of their business.
It’s common that together whilst we’re riffing, we come up with an AMAZING out-of-the-blue lyrical idea together. This is another reason we record it all (just in case we forget that idea later on).
Embrace Those Feelgood Vibrations Like
Feeling like a focussed and confident CEO, who is the leader of their metaphorical band.
Developing Creative Confidence about how to achieve your goals.
Establishing a precise focus on the right next step and feel excited about how you’ll get to where you want to go.
Sleeping easy at night just “knowing” your brand is Stronger/Better than your cheap imitation competitors.
“A real leader faces the music even when they don’t like the tune”
“Figure out who you are and then do it on purpose” Dolly Parton
“It's never too late to be a Rock Star”
“The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star.” Elton John
“I won’t be a rockstar, I will be a legend!” Freddie Mercury
Let's Explore Your Discography!
If you feel having read more about the style and approach of the Discography Call that this would be of benefit to you right now in your business, please do book in.
Click on the appointment below. Pick out your date and time. Then when you have clicked on your preferred time please answer all of the questions. Then click the 'Confirm Booking' button to complete your booking.