WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR CREATIVITY
YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW
- That the more you practice something the better you get at it.
- You do have great ideas.
- You've seen movies/read books/visited museums/been to galleries/danced to music/eaten new foods. So really, this means you have a deep pool of creative inspirations.
BUT THEN YOU SAY TO YOURSELF
- Yeah, but I fall at the first hurdle. It's making the idea into a real-life thing.
- I second guess my ideas. How do I know if they really are decent?
- You are not that confident in knowing what you like, or why you like it, so maybe your tastes are not that refined.
WHY I KNOW YOU CAN BE MORE CREATIVE
IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME YET...
I'm mostly a professional photographer.
When not in lockdown, I operate all over the world to create career-defining brand photography for the most ambitious business owners.
Before I was a photographer, I worked in Marketing and Public Relations. This has given me a bunch of transferrable skills in analysing brands and creating photography with real purpose and strategy baked right into them.
I know the business world and I know the creative world. As much as we would like to think, they are not always that different. This playbook aims to lift the lid on the rock-n-roll mysticism behind the creative method. It's not a huge secret, it's not god-given-talent. It's just that the creatives haven't got the patience to explain how they do what they do.
HI! I'M LAURA PEARMAN
Creative Director | International Headshots Photographer | Selfie Queen