Everything You Need To Know About Being My Photography Assistant
Due to the nature of how I operate, it is usually worthwhile considering that my travel schedule very rarely falls in line with school or college term times. This means that it is quite unlikely that the two weeks your teacher or tutor has decided on their diary for you to go and get work experience will fall in line with the exact same times I'm doing a really interesting shoot that's going to help your CV.
If you'd still like to learn about Professional Photography from me through an unpaid placement then read on.
Laura Pearman Creative is committed to providing a world-class Brand Photography service to our clients and is looking for a shared commitment from you to conduct business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism.
Laura Pearman Creative recognises each of our Fox Force 5 suppliers and their assistants as vital contributors to our success. We strive to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. We do so by fostering open communications and clearly defining expectations.
Therefore, the following Agreement and Supplier Expectations must be adhered to at all times during the provision of your photography assistant services.
The Formal Agreement To Adhere To Being My Photography Assistant
In this Agreement, the following words are defined:
Agreement: this agreement for the provision of the Services including any Schedules;
Confidential Information: any information (whether or not stated to be confidential or marked as such) which is disclosed, either orally or in writing or by any other means, under or in connection with this Agreement;
Services: The photography assistant services which are provided by You or agreed to be provided by You through the change control procedure set out below;
Client: the individual or company who has booked Branded Photography with Laura Pearman Creative
Working Day: any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England and Wales.
Provision of Services
The Photography Assistant Services You provide will be supplied in response to each request from Laura Pearman Creative.
You shall perform your Services with reasonable care and skill, in accordance with:
• Generally recognised commercial practices and standards in your applicable industry; and
• All laws and regulations are applicable to your photography assistant Services, including all laws and regulations related to data protection and GDPR.
You shall promptly notify Laura Pearman Creative of:
• Any delays or problems from time to time in the provision of your photography assistant Services;
• Any circumstances from time to time which may prevent You from providing your photography assistant Services in accordance with this Agreement;
• Any complaint (whether written or not) or other matter which comes to your attention and which You reasonably believe may give rise to any loss by or claim against Laura Pearman Creative or which may result in any adverse publicity for Laura Pearman Creative.
Laura Pearman Creative shall promptly report to You any defects in your performance of your photography assistant Services as soon as reasonably practicable. Where any defect in the provision of your Services is reported to You or otherwise comes to your attention, You shall use your reasonable endeavours to rectify the defect as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Laura Pearman Creative may, at any time, request an increase or decrease in the volume of your Services, a change in the specification of your Services, or the addition of new Services by notifying you in writing of the requirements.
You shall give due consideration to any Change Request from Laura Pearman Creative and shall, within 5 Working Days:
• Confirm your acceptance of the Change Request and implement the Change Request accordingly; or
• Provide a written Change Proposal for accepting the Change Request, subject to any variation that you reasonably consider necessary to your Services or Charges; or
• If You believe it is not reasonably practicable to accept the Change Request, with or without any such variation, provide Laura Pearman Creative with a written emailed statement of your reasons for doing so.
Any Change Proposal shall be based on the current Service Charges or, if this is not appropriate, shall be a fair and reasonable quotation for the Change Request.
Insurance & Health & Safety
Laura Pearman Creative agrees with the Client, at the time of booking, that they are covered through their School or College rigorous Health & Safety process. Therefore, You must adhere to any safety guidelines given to you by your School or College to maintain this process.
As part of your placement, you agree to follow any safety guidelines that are also provided to you by any member of the Laura Pearman Creative team. As it has been agreed that your safety will be upheld under our Employer Liability.
Each Party undertakes that, except as authorised in writing by the other Party, it shall, at all times during the continuance of this Agreement:
• keep confidential all Confidential Information;
• not disclose any Confidential Information to any other party;
• not use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than as contemplated by and subject to the terms of this Agreement;
• not make any copies of, record in any way or part with possession of any Confidential Information; and
• ensure that none of its directors, officers, employees, agents, sub-contractors or advisers does any act which, if done by that Party, would be a breach of these provisions.
Laura Pearman Creative reserves all Intellectual Property Rights and Copyrights (if any) to all photographic images produced as part of any photography service. Laura Pearman Creative reserves the right to take such action as may be appropriate to restrain or prevent the infringement of such Intellectual Property Rights or Copyrights.
Laura Pearman Creative will issue an in-depth licence at the beginning of each year which outlines all the terms and conditions You need to adhere to.
As part of this Agreement, when Laura Pearman Creative issues You with any web-resolution image downloads, these can be used under the supplier photography assistant licence. You agree to adhere to the terms and conditions of the applicable image licence.
Required. All use of Laura Pearman Creative Images, by You, are correctly captioned and linked back to www.laurapearman.com or to the corresponding Laura Pearman Creative business account on the social media platform they were posted to. Links to which are supplied in your issued Licence.
Circumstances Beyond the Control of Either Party
Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party.
The party affected by a circumstance beyond its control shall use all reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the force majeure upon the performance of its obligations.
If the delay continues for a period of 90 days, either party may terminate or cancel the Services to be carried out under this Agreement.
Laura Pearman Creative gives You 2 high-resolution images as an extra thanks for your Services. You must collect them from the online gallery within the timeframe set out by Us. If you fail to do so, we are not obliged to reopen the online gallery for you to obtain these images.
If you wish to purchase additional images or photographic products such as framed prints, this can be done on the online gallery at supplier prices.
It is essential to the brand image of Laura Pearman Creative to provide world-class customer service and a consistent message.
At all times, whether verbally or written, it is expected that You communicate in a professional and ethical manner.
Letters of Recommendation
You may contact Laura Pearman Creative for a letter of recommendation along with a Linkedin Recommendation in the use of your own development as a professional photographer or photography assistant. This needs to be sent to email@example.com after your assignment is completed. You need to send your recommendation request on Linkedin.
You warrant and represent that You have made and undertake that at all times during the term of this Agreement You will maintain, any notification and registration required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) that relate to the performance of your obligations under this Agreement.
You undertake that in the performance of this Agreement You will comply with GDPR and with any guidance issued from time to time by the Information Commissioner.
Either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other party 30 days prior written notice.
A party may terminate the Agreement immediately by giving written notice to the other party if that other party:
• Commits a material breach of the Agreement;
• Ceases to be a student at their School or College.
• Makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order (within the meaning of the Insolvency Act 1986);
• Has a bankruptcy order made against it or goes into liquidation;
• Dies as a result of illness or incapacity becomes incapable of managing his or her own affairs.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision (or part) of the Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable that provision or part will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Agreement will not be affected.
Unless specifically provided by the parties, nothing in the Agreement will establish any employment relationship, partnership or joint venture between the parties, or mean that one party becomes the agent of the other party, nor does the Agreement authorise any party to enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the other party.
Any notice (other than in legal proceedings) to be delivered under the Agreement must be in writing and sent by email to the other party’s main business email address as notified to the sending party. Notices will be deemed to have been received on the Next Working Day after sending by email.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Tell Me You Want To Be Considered As An Assistant
If you would still like to put yourself forward as a potential assistant for me then you can let me know here.
Before you fill in this form you need to have the following things ready to upload:
- A link where I can see your portfolio online
- An Up to date CV in WORD or as a PDF
As soon as you have completed this form, you need to send me a copy of your latest CV. Instructions on exactly how to do this are at the end of the previously mentioned form.